SomeCustodian Unknown ban reason.

SomeCustodian

SS14 account: SomeCustodian
Character name: Helios Dawkins
Type of Ban: Game Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: From what I can guess prema?
Reason for Ban: "Ahelps get relayed to discord. Appeal @ forums.ss14.io with an explanation"
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: My best guess as to what the reason actually is, is when I ahelped talking about how I wanted to sabo engi due to the abuse to the other engis were throwing at me for simply wanting to do PA and once I saw no admins were online I jokely said "Oh I guess thats a go-ahead"
Why you think you should be unbanned: Personally I dont think I should of not been banned in the first place for a mere joke.
Anything else we should know: I feel like if you guys messaged me ingame (I kept playing after that) we could of sorted this out instead of prema-banning me and forcing me to make a ban appeal.

• Project Manager

Going to put the ahelp in question that got you in trouble here, just so we're on the same page:

image.png.fa36598a0edec81fa36ae668183ef1b0.png

You've been banned before specifically for behavior in ahelps (last time was raging because no one was available to answer your ahelp specifically, wherein you referred to admins as "cunts"), so this seems to be a problem point for you. If you were to be unbanned, how would we be assured that you wouldn't just continue to use ahelps to either vent, make "jokes", or otherwise use the system in a way it's not meant for?

2 hours ago, SomeCustodian said:

Why you think you should be unbanned: Personally I dont think I should of not been banned in the first place for a mere joke.
Anything else we should know: I feel like if you guys messaged me ingame (I kept playing after that) we could of sorted this out instead of prema-banning me and forcing me to make a ban appeal.

I personally don't think you should force an admin to get on to make sure you're not making a situation worse or just making a haha funny joke that you're going to break the rules because nobody is online. You essentially told us that you were going to take matters into your own hands and break the rules.

I also find it strange how you put "unknown ban reason" but then stated the exact reason why you were banned, you know what you did.

• Project Manager

That's... not why. Unless Moony has said elsewhere, you were appeal-banned presumably because this was your third ban. That is standard policy for all players - third ban, automatic appeal ban.

Once again, here is a screenshot of the ban reason.

CgLAeCu.png

Nowhere does it say it's just to talk to you. Please stop pretending otherwise.

You've still yet to really address this ban other than saying "I promise I won't do it again" which to be blunt, is not good enough since you've abused the ahelp system in some fashion twice now.

I don't think this is going anywhere.

Appeal again in a week (11/19/2022) without trying to minimize your offense, number of bans, or the banning policy. Doing the equivalent of saying you're going to break the rules in admin-help when nobody is online to personally attend to your supposed issue thereby making us have to investigate yet another possible rule break is not a funny joke and is abuse of the relay. Denied.