KVOSH's Admin Application #2

KVOSH

In-game Username: KVOSH
Discord username: DaveFromSteam#3884
Characters you play: Huge Mclarge, Fry Quazar, Spencer B Pennyswaddle, Charlie Richmond, Willy P Steele, Max Brain, Blade Hanson, Seamus Halligan, Trip Hazard, Jordan Greeman
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? Very Brief amount of time on SS13 Now have 190+hours on SS14 

How many hours are you available per day: 6-8
Days you are available on: Weekends all day, And weekdays 5pm onwards

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this:

I have prior admin experience unfortunately not in SS13 or SS14, It was on a Minecraft server. But I have no way to provide evidence of this.
Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? No.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

In my personal opinion and experience. The role of admins when it comes to games like SS14 is to ensure that there is enforcement of the server rules. A vast majority of players can and do play without need of intervention but then there are others who struggle to stay within the guidelines, I believe it is the job of the admins to do their best to correct certain minor infractions and assist those people in becoming better members of the community, but also to be sure to not tolerate those who are going to attempt to turn a safe play space into a cesspit.

Furthermore I feel admins are equal parts rule enforcers as they are community engagers. They assist players not only by ensuring there is no flagrant rule breaking but also by answering any player queries and pointing them in the right direction of the information that would be most useful to them.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?

I think its important to strike a balance between player enjoyment and player freedom. I would never force people to play in a certain way but I would equally expect them to understand that one of the cornerstones of SS14 is the roleplay aspect So I would expect them to remain in character, Not discuss previous rounds during a new one. and to not belittle or berate other players because "they take the game to seriously". 

My main overarching philosophy is do your best and play your way. But disrespecting and impacting the way others play is not allowed. you can't expect to have the freedom to define your own character and playstyle while invalidating others.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

I want to become an admin because I have found a lot of love in this game. I always wanted to give SS13 a try but found beyond and the constraints of ping and whatnot to be major detractors from the experience. So since I discovered SS14 I have been hooked. I find it an invigorating and refreshing experience to play a game with people that has such simplicity but such depth. I also enjoy the ability to take on a character in such compelling way which is usually reserved only for table top games such as D&D.

And the reason I am applying to become an admin is because I want to personally invest something into this experience. I lack artistic skills and programming skills But I have had experience administrating in games and real life and believe I have something to bring to the table.

I personally believe administrating the game is one of the best ways to ensure that it stays what it is now. a community driven game where people are not discriminated or treated poorly. Everyone in the confines of SS14 can be whomever they choose to be and I would like to help preserve that atmosphere.