spacebunneh

= Post title =

[Your SS14 Account Username or Discord Handle] - [Summarized Reason for Ban]

= For game bans =

SS14 account: SpaceBunneh
Character name: Cassandra Fish
Type of Ban: Game Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 5 Minutes ago
Reason for Ban: "Broke into smg crate as non-antag salv, incredibly defensive about it and refused to answer questions."
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: Admin watches me break into crate during a code red and starts interrogating me mid round, then deleted the smgs from the ground. I asked him why they were interfering mid round and they kept asking the same question why I broke the crate. Even though they could obviously see station was mid red alert and could see cargo ordered these with no intent for security without any input from myself to order them. I was more worried about playing the active round rather than having a full blown discussion about playing the game with the admin. I asked them where in the rules I broke the rules and they just banned me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Why is this server allow people to kill people directly in front of me who aren't antag, yet perma ban myself for simply opening a crate?
to return, what value do you bring back to the community? I would just enjoy the game and play by the rules as I have prior. I'd rather ask in turn what value do admins like this provide to the community?
Anything else we should know: Not a great look as well with how my past experience the prior round with your admins are as well. I was given a warning the two rounds prior by simply sitting at the desk when other members of cargo killed a random lizard who was trying to scalp wires. They then teleported me to an infinite maze of trash bins to flush myself in a circle, then respawned me in the middle of the station with all access and watched the captain just straight beat me to death without any apology or comments. I seriously question this, the prior day I had played for 8 rounds straight where everything was awesome. I was streaming on discord to friends about this game when the ban happened and honestly they never played and now won't because of just how terrible on my end how the admins look. I understand you are trying to upkeep a good community but you won't get good results with bad actors.
appeal, include it here.

The SMG crate had arrived before the red alert went off so I don't believe that's the actual answer here.

EDIT: I reread this post and noticed you STILL haven't actually answered the question about why you were breaking into an SMG crate. 

Even though they could obviously see station was mid red alert and could see cargo ordered these with no intent for security without any input from myself to order them.

This does not actually explain why you were breaking into an SMG crate as a salvage worker. If that crate was intended for security, why were you breaking into it?

I asked them where in the rules I broke the rules and they just banned me.

Because I caught you breaking into the crate before you used the SMGs, I took the opportunity to ask you why you were breaking into it. You refused to give me an answer and so I had to eject you from the game. You could make an argument that this is under rule 0, which states that admins have the right to disregard rules if it is in the best interest of the round or server, but I would argue that this falls under rule 4. You can find our rules ingame as well as on our wiki, here.

For the letter of the rule:

4. Follow basic common sense-- you cannot murder someone because they slipped you on a banana.

You do not have a reason to break into that crate. If you did, you would've said it by now. Even if you had said self defense I would've said "don't do that". But you did not. There were, in fact, numerous reasons that you could have justified breaking into that crate during that specific round, but you did not provide me any so I had to assume that you were a malicious user. If that assumption is incorrect, please provide me a reason why you felt you needed to break into that crate. It doesn't even have to be a good one.

I do agree that this is somewhat unclear and we are currently in the midst of rewriting the rules to fix this.

Edited by Stealth16

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

To start off. It is my fault that I assumed an admin would have themselves followed rule 4. You may have just looked over and not noticed the station was during lock down, and you definitely did not use patience to see what would have happened.

44 minutes ago, Stealth16 said:

noticed you STILL haven't actually answered the question about why you were breaking into an SMG crate. 

I will spell it out.

Code red emergency on the station to me, means emergency. 

If something comes immediately to cargo we don't have the luxury of being able to sit there and slowly break into those crates to defend ourselves.

I break the crate pre-emptively so we can have a chance if it ends up targeting us first.

You then during this interrupt the round which is frustrating to me. In my perspective you decided to play invisible security and interrupt the round while rules were not being broken. Please point to the rules where it states breaking into a crate is not allowed. 

You ignored the status of the station, tell me to explain something tp you during a station emergency- do not like my answer and then when I state to you I haven't broken any rules you permanently ban me? Where does this make sense?

I'd like to be unbanned, and an apology as well.

• Project Manager
32 minutes ago, spacebunneh said:

You then during this interrupt the round which is frustrating to me. In my perspective you decided to play invisible security and interrupt the round while rules were not being broken. Please point to the rules where it states breaking into a crate is not allowed. 

Stealth already reviewed their take on the rules for this, but I'm not so classy to cite a specific rule in this case with how aggressive you're being. So here, Rule 0 - if you're going to get SMGs unprompted as a non-antagonist cargo worker then you'll be dealt with. Stealth took responsibility for that ruling affecting the outcome of the round and as far as I can tell, between his spelling it out and your refusal to accept it, means it's pretty much going to stick. You were given multiple chances to provide a barebones reason for why you were opening a secured crate of automatic weaponry and beyond stating, "it was red alert", you've yet to provide one. As such, I am not entertaining the opportunity further.

32 minutes ago, spacebunneh said:

I'd like to be unbanned, and an apology as well.

With how flippant you have been between the quoted ahelp and throughout this thread, you will receive neither.

Appeal denied, you may appeal again in 6 months (April 26th, 2023) and you may only appeal with a voucher of good behavior from another SS13/SS14 server. 

Edited by Retequizzle
edited for clarity, bolded portions are what were added
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1