KrunkedMonk - Banned for 3 days/ Role banned from heads for being HoPsecurity

KrunkedMonk

SS14 account: KrunkedMonk

Character name: Jack Gates

Type of Ban: Both Job ban and Role ban

Date of Ban and Duration: 4:30AM (I wasnt online for a while when the ban took place)

Reason for Ban: While log diving for something different, found you blatantly being "HoPcurity". Warden+command roleban appeal only with it."

Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard Wizard

Your side of the story: Im not sure exactly what happened, but i believe the situation that popped up in the logs was when i went to security as hop to ask for a sidearm because i wanted to protect myself. Later that round there was like 7 rat kings spawned in from an admin and all of sec died. I went into sec to give out guns to take out the rats so that could possibly be it as well. Im not sure what the case was though. Ive only played HoP a few times in the past week and thats the only time ive done anything that could be considered HoPcurity.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm not sure what i actually did wrong, i have a really stupid amount of time playing this game 1k+ hours on steam and this is my first ever ban. I mean if i could get some elaboration with the situation then id gladly accept the ban but i really am not sure what i did wrong. I'm also not sure who banned me i didn't get that as a message or anything. I just went to log on this morning and I was banned. Thanks for your time hopefully i can be enlightened on the subject so i wont repeat what i did in the future.

Anything else we should know: I really enjoy the game and it makes me sad i got banned for something that im confused about. I have spent probably more time playing this game in the past year than any other game combined and shit kinda breaks my heart.

Hi, banning admin here. I was looking at butch_flower's appeal and happened to stumble upon your logs accidentally. I would be more than happy to share what I found.

On 10/24/2022 at 10:49 AM you joined as the Head of Personnel on bagel station. I'd like to also take note that this is after you say you have "played HoS a lot and its the most toxic role to play by far" so you know full well what's expected of security and that if you want to play security you should be playing security roles. You proceed to do the following:

• Immediately run to a YouTool and get a crowbar 
  • Try to interact with a SecTech (I presume you were deined)
  • at 10:51 AM, you decide to grant yourself all-access, or what I can only presume is something close to all access: (Jack Gates (177268, MobHuman, KrunkedMonk) has modified Jack Gates's ID card (head of personnel) (177292, HoPIDCard) with the following accesses: [Armory, Atmospherics, Bar, Brig, Captain, Cargo, Chapel, Chemistry, ChiefEngineer, ChiefMedicalOfficer, Command, Engineering, External, HeadOfPersonnel, HeadOfSecurity, Hydroponics, Janitor, Kitchen, Maintenance, Medical, Quartermaster, Research, ResearchDirector, Salvage, Security, Service, Theatre])
  • You talk with or converse with someone asking for a job change (your entire function). You tell them "give me 5 min"
  • You walk into the brig at 10:52 AM, and proceed to pilfer an entire set of security gear. This includes sunglasses, handcuffs, uniforms, black gloves, a disabler, all with the access you granted yourself.
  • You return, but then at 10:57 you go back for some reason and start raiding security officer lockers, looking for armor. You also ask the HoS for a spare security gas mask for some reason.
  • At 11:15 there is some kind of confrontation between you and the CMO/Chemistry. You openly cuss out several people after directing someone to arrest someone else and they get upset at you. Your dialogue here leaves a very "no rp" taste in my mouth. (This is just a sample of what your chat is like, there's lots of instances of you using text-abbreviations and other such things but that's besides the point)

image.thumb.png.9ea17b9d75c789327d6427013cb26bc2.png

• At some point you decide to take getting a gun into your own hands because "he didn't want to give me a gun fuck this bozo". This is ignoring the fact you have already pilfered an entire host of security gear that you are lugging around already.

image.png.f746828e2268cbc3bc501efb32597b8e.png

Furthermore, your notes have a scroll bar attached to them and you have somehow avoided bans and job bans for this long despite having 8 notes since August. You have interfaced with admins more than enough to be acutely aware of what's expected. I will summarize your notes briefly because posting them in full would be a book in itself:

• August 4th: Shot random players with a taser and threw flashbangs it crowds as a cadet, but disconnected before anyone could talk to you (avoided punishment)
  • October 4th: warned about harassing security for no reason as a non-antag, you got fed up and disconnected mid ahelp citing it "ruined your night" however the admin was more or less done talking to you (avoided punishment)
  • October 12th: I warned you for walling off the entire chapel for no good reason and for what I suspect was to just antagonize the chaplain
  • October 15th: You complained that you got the attention of security after you randomly decided to space pen one of them for a laugh, while they were entirely within their right to figure out why you're randomly assaulting an officer. You essentially fucked around and found out.
  • October 18th: Strong evidence of you trying to self-antag by getting yourself zombified as an atmospherics technician 
  • October 22nd: Explicitly stated that you would rather keep admins out of things and deal with them IC. Raided the armory as a non-antagonist clown for no reason. 
  • October 22nd: A "final warning" for metagrudging/harassing anyone in the security department for your own shitty selfish reasons

How you have managed to avoid being banned while being this problematic of a player is beyond me. To come back around to the main point:

If you want to play security, you sign up as a security role. Signing up as the Head of Personnel and then grabbing all-access and a full set of security gear is blatant powergaming.

• Immediately run to a YouTool and get a crowbar 

-Whats the issue with having a crowbar?

• Try to interact with a SecTech (I presume you were deined)

-I wanted to get some cool clothes (blue suit and tie, black gloves, sec gasmask, etc)

• at 10:51 AM, you decide to grant yourself all-access, or what I can only presume is something close to all access: (Jack Gates (177268, MobHuman, KrunkedMonk) has modified Jack Gates's ID card (head of personnel) (177292, HoPIDCard) with the following accesses: [Armory, Atmospherics, Bar, Brig, Captain, Cargo, Chapel, Chemistry, ChiefEngineer, ChiefMedicalOfficer, Command, Engineering, External, HeadOfPersonnel, HeadOfSecurity, Hydroponics, Janitor, Kitchen, Maintenance, Medical, Quartermaster, Research, ResearchDirector, Salvage, Security, Service, Theatre])

Gave myself access in case of an emergency (which actually paid off because the round was overrun with rats half way through)

• You talk with or converse with someone asking for a job change (your entire function). You tell them "give me 5 min"

-Okay its not like other people have told me to fuck off or to wait before as hop. I literally was running to go grab something. I eventually helped them out.

• You walk into the brig at 10:52 AM, and proceed to pilfer an entire set of security gear. This includes sunglasses, handcuffs, uniforms, black gloves, a disabler, all with the access you granted yourself.

-disabler is in hop locker, the uniform was a blue suit and tie, cuffs so if someone breaks into my office i can detain them without being murdered.

• You return, but then at 10:57 you go back for some reason and start raiding security officer lockers, looking for armor. You also ask the HoS for a spare security gas mask for some reason.

- I returned and asked for a gas mask because i thought they looked cool (guilty)

• At 11:15 there is some kind of confrontation between you and the CMO/Chemistry. You openly cuss out several people after directing someone to arrest someone else and they get upset at you. Your dialogue here leaves a very "no rp" taste in my mouth. (This is just a sample of what your chat is like, there's lots of instances of you using text-abbreviations and other such things but that's besides the point)

-CMO had opened chem to emergency access and a salvage literally created CLF3 and blew up stuff. That started a confrontation with another salvage member that thought i was telling sec to arrest them. Which lead to us arguing. And I swear a lot in real life and in games and i type fast so i without thinking about it use abbreviations when i type sometimes (sorry? i use abbreviations in real life when i talk too so i might be fail rping irl). I was in medical to get spacacillin because of an outbreak (which is why maybe CMO opened up chem to the public (which even in a pandemic is a unsafe idea)). This whole situation was blown out of context and for you to say it was "no rp" when im screaming at someone because of a stressful situation is spitting in my face. If you pulled up the logs of the other person arguing with me you'll see they escalated with swearing just as much as i did which is well within the means of roleplaying.

• At some point you decide to take getting a gun into your own hands because "he didn't want to give me a gun fuck this bozo". This is ignoring the fact you have already pilfered an entire host of security gear that you are lugging around already.

-I dont know why the logs dont show the fact that the entire ship was overthrown by ratkings at this point but no biggie. I asked the hos for a gun as the outbreak happened and said no due to no code red so i left. I come back later all of sec is dead and as i walk past hos i said "he didn't want to give me a gun fuck this bozo." I then went into the armory to arm people to fight off the literal unending horde of rats and rat kings. Sorry that apparently is playing HoPcurity. I don't understand how me getting clothes that look cool, me telling a sec to arrest a salv that literally blew up chem with clf3, me getting guns during a literal rat apocalypse warrants me play HoPcurity. I'm literally being hung out to dry here because the logs that you just showed literally didn't show the actual situations that were happening in the station.

-This entire log was as the rat king invasion was happening so i dont know why its being used as proof of me being a HoPcurity.

• August 4th: Shot random players with a taser and threw flashbangs it crowds as a cadet, but disconnected before anyone could talk to you (avoided punishment)

-I dont remember this but i most likely did do this while intoxicated (no excuse)

• October 4th: warned about harassing security for no reason as a non-antag, you got fed up and disconnected mid ahelp citing it "ruined your night" however the admin was more or less done talking to you (avoided punishment)

How was i avoiding punishment in this situation if the admin was done talking to me? It was also like 5am for me so i was getting off anyways and i literally was just playing around with the sec and having fun because the round was super slow and nothing was happening.

• October 12th: I warned you for walling off the entire chapel for no good reason and for what I suspect was to just antagonize the chaplain

I walled off the chapel and created a commune with 2 other random people. I never even started the conflict with the chaplain it was someone else. I remember it though because I walled off everything except for one entrance on the side so random people wouldnt run in.

• October 15th: You complained that you got the attention of security after you randomly decided to space pen one of them for a laugh, while they were entirely within their right to figure out why you're randomly assaulting an officer. You essentially fucked around and found out.

I space pen'd someone because they scream when you space pen them. Stupid i know.

• October 18th: Strong evidence of you trying to self-antag by getting yourself zombified as an atmospherics technician 

This situation was bullshit i didnt try to get my self zombified i was walking to cargo and i got shot as i was walked pass and then i couldn't escape the zombies.

• October 22nd: Explicitly stated that you would rather keep admins out of things and deal with them IC. Raided the armory as a non-antagonist clown for no reason. 

I didnt "raid" the armory. I was literally in perma for like an hour and a half (because i defended myself from one of the 3 hop's that match from killing me). I spent like an hour digging out and rping with the other 4 people in perma with me. It was honestly a blast and i broke the wall to escape like some prison movie and then died from a table as a clown. Shit was actually really funny. (Failed to mention this was literally at the tail end of a 2hour round).

• October 22nd: A "final warning" for metagrudging/harassing anyone in the security department for your own shitty selfish reasons

I wasnt meta grudging anyone I was just messing around with sec as a clown and some other new players started welding doors etc escalating the situation. I talked to an admin about it and i understood that what i was doing was setting a bad example for other new players.

Im not sure if you have a grudge against me or something, but i dont understand how im going to be banned for logs that are out of context. Ive been around in the community for almost a year now since way back in december 2021. I have put over 1k hours alone on the server ive seen many faces come and go and many admins become admins. I want to be part of the community because i believe ss14 is the basis for one of the best possible rp games ever. But i feel like there is inconsistency when it comes to bans etc. Why am i getting banned for a situation taken out of context, I had no ill intent when i was getting sec gear i wasnt roaming the halls trying to arrest people or anything i was just trying to get cool clothes and now i get framed as a hop trying to be security. Even though I dont think this ban is just I'll just wait it out and probably just not play as much anymore. I'm not able to properly articulate what i want to say in the way i want to say it but i tried. Im sad i got banned for a round that literally was overrun with admemes and im sad that the situation was taken out of context to make me look like i was purposefully going around and trying to be sec.

You don't get to give yourself "all-access in case of an emergency". This is the same logic as stockpiling guns "for an emergency" or having a hardsuit on "just in case of an emergency" or hoarding emergency supplies "in case there is an emergency". This is powergaming. You interface with the other departments to get whatever funny outfits you want to get instead of just giving yourself access and going to pilfer it all yourself. You call for security if you have a security issue. 

The logs are tens of thousands of entities which I was generally not enjoying sifting through trying to figure out why you're giving yourself all access and running around with security gear as the not-security role, while also searching for someone ELSE who was doing the same thing in a different round. I don't simply get to view a replay of what happened in a round. 

• Project Manager

I am going to lock this as the game ban duration is appropriate, and expiring soon. I can assure you that there is no bias here if that is of any help to you. You can appeal the job bans at a later date, preferably after proving to us you can stay out of trouble.