Game Ban Appeal

kaB00M_

SS14 account: kaB00M_

Character name: Cade Arnold

Type of Ban: Game ban

Date of Ban and Duration: A week ago ish. I don't play super often so I'm not 100% sure.

Reason for Ban: Round 16297, chlorine + flourine = explosion on shuttle before arrival. Appears to have latejoined just to grief.

Server you were playing on when banned: Wizard's Den Lizard [US West]

Your side of the story: First is the "latejoining" to grief. I just happened to start playing while a round was still going. Simple as that. As for the explosion, I heard the shuttle was coming so I made a 2-beaker CLF3 bomb, common stuff. While I was on the shuttle, I was walled into a small section by engineering that didn't have any sort of chairs or way to hold onto things. I noticed this too late, so I was still holding the two beakers and I couldn't put them away in time. Once the shuttle warped away, they fell and broke, making the chlorine and fluorine react on the floor while we were still in transit. This explosion killed 2 people + myself, and failed to space anything. In fact, the wall engineering put up made the explosion less harmful by limiting the range.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was trying my best to follow the rules. I don't do anything stupid and I don't blow things up until AFTER the shuttle docks and the round end screen appears. Anything stupid that I do is usually limited to damaging myself. This was just a terrible chain of events, Final Destination style.

Anything else we should know: I know my username is kaB00M_, and that is kind of hilarious given my ban reason. This is strictly a coincidence.

So just to summarize, you explicitly decided your first course of action upon latejoin was to go directly to chemistry to make a CLF3 bomb for no purpose other then to take it with you on the shuttle which in itself would be a violation of the rules.

According to the logs you also threw one half of the reagents in the beaker and then spilled the other half on the floor. Prior to this you were goading that you had “made a really big bomb” and you “hoped I [you] don’t drop these”. You also immediately suicided and disconnected after the bombing.

I don’t believe your excuse for a second, and the whole pretext of this “accident” is you intentionally making a bomb to end-round grief with anyways.

Unanimous Wizard's Den administration opinion is to deny this appeal.

You intentionally made CLF3 and brought it to the shuttle to grief which by itself would get you a talking to, even if you do it "for the end round". I think you also clearly threw one or more beakers on the shuttle containing components of the reaction in facilitate it happening, which means you are lying to us about "holding the beakers out and not putting them away in time". Even if this were the case I don't think you would be holding two beakers of insanely dangerous chemicals that explode when mixed out in your hands for no reason before the shuttle departs.

If anything, it feels like to me personally that most of what you did was constructed in a way of plausible deniability in case you got caught, which is exactly what this appeal feels like. 

Appeal again in two weeks (11/05/2022).