Dutch's ban appeal

dutch

SS14 account: dutch

Character name: I think it was honkers the inevitable

Type of Ban: game ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 12/10/22,  appeal only
Reason for Ban: metacomming, with spannerman
Server you were playing on when banned: lizard

1. Your side of the story: I was playing clown when a clown I was cheering on was sentenced to 8 minutes prison for breaking into hos room and attacking an officer but was let out early and given a stun baton, we both went into maint's to cause more mischief  we ended up not doing much except finding outfits and breaking 2 cabinets after we broke the second cabinet (a chem cabinet) I thought of throwing bottles at people so I wanted to do it before the round ended (alert level went red I was expecting cap to shuttle) so I tryed to stun the janitor by luring him away but the other clown started hitting him with a crowbar and before I knew it I got admin zapped, accused of metacomming and attempted murder.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I should be unbanned because I was in fact not, metacomming, I was merely breaking things which does not warrant a ban, I also didn't try to kill the janitor, I wanted to stun him long enough to throw bottles at him, so all in all I broke two cabinets and got cheeky to a janitor.

Anything else we should know: jetequizells justification for claiming I am metacomming is absurd because they said we coordinated an awful lot without talking, which is just not true e.g. if a space carp is breaking a door most space carp would join them this also applies to me breaking the cabinets and when spannerman joined in what he thought was killing the janitor.

11 minutes ago, lonesoldier55 said:

I think even ignoring the entire accusation of metacomms which will have to be looked into the two of you were up to clearly abhorrent behavior just running around griefing players as clowns for no reason.

All I did was retaliate to a guy who attacked me in the bar, how was it abhorrent behavior? We broke cabinets we never did anything to anyone else. I will take full responsibility for what happened with the Janitor but that was a 1 off thing and I was going to take them to medical I wasn't going to kill them.

I have posted screenshots of us talking in game despite the admin saying to me that we never spoke in game so if there are logs I have no idea why we were banned for Metacomms or how they didn't see our messages.

One instance of communication as a cover does not disprove a suspicion of metacommunication. Surely you know players can pretend to chat with one another to try and counteract suspicions, and one instance of communicating certainly seems like a cover. As I said, it will need to be looked into when there is time.

2 minutes ago, lonesoldier55 said:

One instance of communication as a cover does not disprove a suspicion of metacommunication. Surely you know players can pretend to chat with one another to try and counteract suspicions, and one instance of communicating certainly seems like a cover. As I said, it will need to be looked into when there is time.

It was literally 5 minutes before we found the janitor and here's another when a bomb went off and we ran off again during the same time that the admin said we never spoke to each other. There was no pattern of anything we were talking the entire time.log4.thumb.png.87e1d9b6ef6daff97a8ccbf3c3e4d52e.png

8 hours ago, SpannerMan said:

It was literally 5 minutes before we found the janitor and here's another when a bomb went off and we ran off again during the same time that the admin said we never spoke to each other. There was no pattern of anything we were talking the entire time.

spannerman what he means is people will talk in the game to cover them metacomming we aren't metacomming but he needs to check to make sure we aren't assholes

Between the uncertainty surrounding the metacomm charges, the rules that you broke regardless (being rules 1, 3 and 4) and your ban on nyano for slurs this appeal is denied and you will need a voucher of good behavior from another SS13 or SS14 server to return.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png