Ban Appeal From Clown and Mime Job.

TheRed

SS14 account: TheRed
Character name: Dink Spinkerton

Type of Ban: Job Ban (Clown/Mime)

Date of Ban and Duration: Oct 5th (Estimate) 2 Weeks

Reason for Ban: Gaslighting and Self-antagging (im serious)

Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard

Your side of the story: I started the round as a clown and found an afk investigator so i pickpocketed him and got arrested for it. After sec and me were talking about my sentence i decided to start gaslighting them about how i got the id. Just saying lame excuses like "I found it, or Hop let me keep it." After some time of sec giving me a hard and goofing around with imprisonment times, and me wagering of gambling for my freedom, I got a message from the admin saying i was being a "douche" and am obviously self antagging even though i actively wasn't harming anyone. 

Why you think you should be unbanned: I feel as if what i did wasn't harmful to anyone at all. The person i stole from was afk (the yellow text on inspect tells you) and I didn't steal or harm anyone with the access i got. I just ran around the office for a bit and got arrested. The worst thing i did in sec was lie about the id. 

Anything else we should know: If there is any way to read the conversation i had between the admin and i it would be nice. He really didnt give me much room for explaining outside of saying i was being an asshole to everybody. I feel as if getting banned for id theft is a bit extreme as i've seen most grey's do it before. 

Edited by TheRed

• Project Manager

As requested, the conversation between you and the admin:

image.png.8f4fbbb59b2c50b7f1fb8249d6e2548e.png

I'll be honest here - Stealth cut you more slack than he should have given the fact that we have been cracking down on people robbing SSD players. Had it been me, you'd have also likely just eaten a 1-2 day account ban alongside of the roleban, and the roleban would have been appeal only and not just a week. Even by your own admission, you aren't really sure what a clown's job is supposed to be and you thought it was a role that was designed for griefing. In fact, at the end of the conversation, you even state that you're fine with a week's roleban from clown.

So with that in mind, I'm not sure what you're expecting from this appeal - you were fine with the punishment before, but you're not okay with it now, when you've already served a majority of the ban time?