Username: the_scammer, Bannote: "Going out of their way to break rules and be racist to lizards."

the_scammer

SS14 Account: the_scammer
Character name: I really dont remember what my character's name was, I believe it was "Hudson Meyers"
Type of Ban: Game Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: I think I got banned a month ago? Duration is permanent
Reason for Ban: "Going out of their way to break rules and be racist to lizards."
Server: Lizard, ironically
From what I remember, I fought a lizardman engineer for a few minutes then dragged them off to medbay, my reasoning for this is pretty obvious. Then I had a lengthy passive-agressive talk with some people in OOC, which was something about lizards too, someone who I thought was a staff member said, "this isnt 4chan", which made me chuckle, then the round ended. New round started, I said something in the comms and got frozen in place and declared valid to the entire station. When the salad squad of, unsurprisingly, catbeasts finished me off I got banned permanently for this, in my opinon, stupid reason.

I didnt say anything extremely obvious and offensive, I didnt say any slurs, as that would be tasteless even for me, I simply said something along the lines of "lizards are stupid" and thats really it. I cannot imagine who came up with this "Dont be specist" rule, as it is pretty dumb, atleast in my view. For anything else that I did in game, yes I acknowledge, I did start atleast one unreasonable fight, but that's really it. 

I dont have much to say, as the ban reason is pretty vague on its own.

• moony locked this topic

Elaborating on this…

Our rules are available at any time on the rules page on our wiki as well as ingame. https://wiki.spacestation14.io/wiki/Server_Rules

9 hours ago, the_scammer said:

I dont have much to say, as the ban reason is pretty vague on its own.

You specifically broke rule 7, which states rather blankly that speciesism is blanketly not permitted. If you disagree with that rule, that’s alright but you’ll have to play elsewhere. We do not allow it here because it seems to consistently lead to slur usage and other behavior that we aren’t interested in touching.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png