CrudeWax

CrudeWax

Are you over 18: No I won't insert a joke. I am over 18.

In-game Username: CrudeWax

Discord username: Crude Oil or AtomicSubmarine

Characters you play: Discord Moderator (pre-OOC rule update), Honk-a-Beast, Marx Vavilov.

How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14?

If I had to estimate I have a collective 400-500 hours in SS13 from a variety of servers. I have started playing daily about a year ago.

I have been in the first steam playtester batch and played standalone SS14 before that, from the third progress report onwards. I have 27,7 steam playtime, 5,7 of recent two days or so.

How many hours are you available per day:

About 4-6 hours a day, maybe more on weekends.

I can also cover for russian timezones on account of being within MSK timebelt, when few admins are online.

Days you are available on:

Any day but thursday unless special circumstances change that.

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this:

No experience in SS13 administration. I did however launch my private servers to learn admin tools.

Previously moderated a small (about 150 people) discord sever of a youtuber named Denshi.

Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before?

Once for foolishly running into SM on /tg/ in my first 10 hours but that's it.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

I belive admins to serve a role similar to that of a dungeon master in a tabletop roleplaying game. They guide the game along a pace while helping in player conflict and ocassionally correcting it's course by spicing up the round with special spawns, conditions, etc.

However I also aknowlege that the main responsibility of the administrator is to enforce policy, ideally in a polite and understanble manner since admins have to represent the game's developers to an extend, and turning away new players by abrasive comments is horrible.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?

I love it. I honestly expected much less, and more LRP-type ha-ha funny greytide shit, but I've been extremly surprised with how much roleplaying is actually possible even with so little content to stand on.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

I find it enjoyable to observe rounds and study player psycology patterns and behaviours from a gamedesign standpoint.

And I also enjoy enforcing people to play nice and fair. I mostly play Warden in SS13 on account of it being the dedicated crime-and-punishment role, allowing me to deal with more intricate and direct cases of policy. The "Judge, Jury, Executioner"-type deal.

Despite my previous behaviour I've came to recognise the efforts to manage the community and to make the servers a better place, so I truly want to contribute to that in a way which would be more direct than coding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paul locked this topic