Peptide

Peptide

Are you over 18: Naturally
In-game Username: Peptide
Discord username: Peptide
Characters you play: character: Frank Black - Often main as medical doctor or station engineer (sometimes heads of) with a sprinkle of cargo, jani and borg / ai. Low priority sec.
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? First played SS13 roughly 8 years ago and accumulted most karma unlocks on paradise over the following years. Been involved with 14 since around Feb? SS14 steam hours are not accurate as played via download and in VS a lot.

How many hours are you available per day: Weekdays upto 5 hours but definitely as a maximum and more likely 2-3 hours. Exclusively evenings on weekdays GMT +0
Days you are available on: Mon to Thursday, occasional weekends.

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: Unverifiable but ran a fallout SS13 server based off some russian code in the far past. I also founded and ran a community on steam for Garry's Mod serious and semi serious roleplay which was successful for some years from the openaura days, to clockwork and nutscript. The husk of the community is still visible in my steam groups.

Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? Never from SS14, had one or two very historic bans to my first days on SS13 on paradise - one was a job ban for engineering which I appealed and can't remember the exact reason and the other also escapes me but was temporary, again close to 8 years ago.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

Admins first and foremost are there to facilitate the play of other players. This means in one hand responding to ahelps and other questions from players and helping guide them in the right direction to have a positive experience with the game as well as responding to reports of rulebreaking and issuing a proportional response to rule breakers.

In addition to this I feel a game master role suits me well and is something some game admins are good at - developing stories and events for the round to make it more interesting for players where necessary (for example a traitor round probably doens't need much if any intervention to spice it up unless the need arises whereas a blue shift might invite some interesting play making such as creating ghost roles for those who have long been dead or creating an immersive event for the station to roleplay with).

And finally we're all players at the end of the day here to have fun, so when things are quiet have fun playing the round as a player - but knowing that this takes a back seat to administrating and looking after the other players.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?

In all honesty It's been awhile since I've played SS14 but was encouraged to apply for this role by other game admins to help take up some of the slack on administrating. I see we consistently get 30+ players at good times which is a good number for the size of the station and will have lots of opportunities for some intimate roleplay with the right guiding hands in the admin team.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

As a now long time contributor and ex community manager of roleplay servers I did initially want to start a roleplay community on SS14 but with my time constraints with work and childcare, I think that would be harsh of me on that community and ultimately not fair or productive. So instead I want to focus any spare time and effort playing the game I thoroughly enjoy, and putting that passion for roleplay and creating events and stories into the official SS14 servers all while testing out potential additions and seeing where additions to the server might be needed through watching the day to day play.

I would also like to add that oftne I do like to just sit back and watch a round play out and watch what's going on which is one draw to playing AI. That said for my active time as an admin I would also be able to let the game sit open on an evening through the week to listen out for ahelps so that would increase my time administrating rather than participating and game making.

Peace

Edited by Peptide
additional end lines

Chief ideaguy