[nhil] - [Abuse of Service on our Forums and Spamming Reconnect While Banned]

nhil

SS14 account: nhil
Character name: Clayton Sheets
Type of Ban: Game ban
Date of Ban and Duration: Date of ban: 6/7/2022. Duration: Permanent
Reason for Ban: Abuse of service on our forums and though it wasn't stated, spamming reconnect on the server while banned.
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizard's Den Lizard [US West]
Your side of the story: In the night of 6/6/2022 leading into the early morning of 6/7, I was playing ss14 and I had left the ban appeals section of the forum opened on my web browser, during my time playing the game the forums were botted and I assume that since I had the website open at the same time as it occurred, I was banned as well as all the other active users/bots. The next day I went onto the game to get a screenshot of my ban message and decided to just repeatedly click the reconnect button at the bottom of the ban message, and while indeed foolish and childish, I assumed that since I was banned that it wouldn't do anything and only found out it was wrong to do when an admin commented on my appeal about it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It has been three, almost four months since I was banned permanently and while I completely understand being banned for spamming connects on the server and acknowledge I was being immature then, I didn't realize how it would effect the server and I apologize for my foolish actions. For the abuse of service on the forums, I still do not understand why I was banned, my only activity on the forums was and still is writing ban appeals, looking at the appeals of others, and occasionally looking at the accounts of other users, it has never been anything other than that.
Anything else we should know: I am genuinely sorry if my prior appeals came off as hostile, I get passionate when accused and I think I was not being very considerate of the moderation team when writing them. I really enjoy the game and miss playing it, it was like the only game I played once I got accepted into early access and I really want to see it grow as it is developed, I miss the funny interactions with people I started to familiarize myself with across rounds and getting to constantly learn new quirks with the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Project Manager

Honestly I don't really have any frame of reference to understand why you spammed reconnect or the forum view, but I guess this is sound enough of an appeal and we don't really have any reason to assume anything more from this, so we'll be accepting it