Filip0503 Ban appeal for metagaming and ignoring admin closing game

Filip0503

SS14 account: Filip0503.
Character name: Philips Sowinski.
Type of Ban: metagaming.
Date of Ban and Duration: 25.09.2022
Reason for Ban: speaking polish with some one else (metagaming).
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizard`s den lizard [us west].
Your side of the story: i was syndicate and the other person offered help so we done what i needed to do and i ended playing becuse my parents told me to turn the computer off.
Why you think you should be unbanned:  i didint know that speaking polish is bannable i ended when admin was speaking to me becuse i didint have time to respond becuse i turned game off.
Anything else we should know: i was syndicate. I read the rules and for metagaming is just kick.

appeal, include it here. Can you unbann me pls i like this game and your server is the biggest

• Project Manager

The ban itself was because you could not set aside time to discuss what was wrong with what you were doing. Since you seemingly had to go at the time, this was the next best way to talk with you apparently. The appeal-ban is justified on that alone.  That said, let's talk.

You were explicitly caught working with a security officer who was instructing you on what items to purchase, mid-round, in another language. We have rules for being an English-only server, specifically to PREVENT those situations. That alone would have been enough to reach out to you to tell you to speak in English in-game. Do you not see why coordinating with another player, in another language, presents an issue for admins who have to mediate fairness for all players in a round?

HOWEVER, the moment you were ahelped about this, you immediately say you have to go and disconnect. I am willing to chalk certain things up to coincidence - for example, I do not believe you and the other player went into the shift knowing each other or coordinated anything outside of the game. You were both excited to run into someone else who speaks Polish. I get it, it's pretty cool when that happens. I also do not believe that your parents asked you to leave the moment you were ahelped for your behavior, given how immediate your disconnect was.

16 minutes ago, Retequizzle said:

The ban itself was because you could not set aside time to discuss what was wrong with what you were doing. Since you seemingly had to go at the time, this was the next best way to talk with you apparently. The appeal-ban is justified on that alone.  That said, let's talk.

You were explicitly caught working with a security officer who was instructing you on what items to purchase, mid-round, in another language. We have rules for being an English-only server, specifically to PREVENT those situations. That alone would have been enough to reach out to you to tell you to speak in English in-game. Do you not see why coordinating with another player, in another language, presents an issue for admins who have to mediate fairness for all players in a round?

HOWEVER, the moment you were ahelped about this, you immediately say you have to go and disconnect. I am willing to chalk certain things up to coincidence - for example, I do not believe you and the other player went into the shift knowing each other or coordinated anything outside of the game. You were both excited to run into someone else who speaks Polish. I get it, it's pretty cool when that happens. I also do not believe that your parents asked you to leave the moment you were ahelped for your behavior, given how immediate your disconnect was.

i am sorry for speaking polish not english i will not do that again. I disconetted that quickly beause i have limited time for playing and that was just coincidence that my parents told me to leave and in poland it was around 20:00 so it was late and my parents was angry about it.

BTW: i am polish so do not pay attention to the mistakes i done in this post.

Just now, Retequizzle said:

Do not worry, I will never hold anyone's English against them when it is not their first language.

This appeal may take some time to come to a decision on, so please be patient in the meantime. We will post here with an update when we have one.

Okay thanks.

• Project Manager

After review and discussing it with the administrator who issued your ban, we have opted to lower the ban duration from a permanent ban to one week from the time the ban was issued. Your ban will now expire on October 2nd @ 9:45pm EDT.

If you have any questions, you may reach out via forum DMs or Discord DMs, I'll be happy to answer what I can.