teleported into smes room by a locker first thing as i spawn, have no way out, room is kpa'd so i smash the gen, die in the process, get banned

1Lo1L

teleported into smes room by a locker first thing as i spawn, have no way out, room is kpa'd so i smash the gen, die in the process, close game, come back to 4 thousand minute ban citing history of offenses, when i have literally a thousand hours in the game.  If you're going to have shenanigans in the round which inconveniences people on spawn, can you really justify punishing them for going a little extra in their attempts to get back in the game when they WILL die in the room they are trapped in?

5 minutes ago, 1Lo1L said:

teleported into smes room by a locker first thing as i spawn, have no way out, room is kpa'd so i smash the gen, die in the process, close game, come back to 4 thousand minute ban citing history of offenses, when i have literally a thousand hours in the game.  If you're going to have shenanigans in the round which inconveniences people on spawn, can you really justify punishing them for going a little extra in their attempts to get back in the game when they WILL die in the room they are trapped in?

Please follow the ban appeal template

image.png.a14d8ba12e1969ac6516dd6acefa5116.pngmedismall.png.f5ea95d13a299e112622014fc4ab94e7.png 

= For game bans =

SS14 account: 1Lo1L.
Character name: Bruce Witherford
Type of Ban: Game Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 4300 minutes
Reason for Ban: Blowing up smes (smes actually didn't explode when i destroyed it, but the generator did.)
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizard's Den Lizard

Your side of the story: teleported into smes room by a locker first thing as i spawn, have no way out, room is kpa'd so i smash the gen, die in the process, close game, come back to 4 thousand minute ban citing history of offenses, when i have literally a thousand hours in the game.  If you're going to have shenanigans in the round which inconveniences people on spawn, can you really justify punishing them for going a little extra in their attempts to get back in the game when they WILL die in the room they are trapped in?

Why you think you should be unbanned: Because I don't bother anybody for no reason and I do not want to be bothered for no reason either.  Every action I take is calculated, not necessarily correct, or beneficial, not necessarily agreeable, either.

Anything else we should know:
I won't antagonize a witch hunt but it would be very nice to stop feeling so hunted myself. 

Also would like whatever non essential notes you have on me discarded, citing a history of video game offenses inaccurately reflects poorly on those who invest a lot of time in the game, it is a problem which also plagues games like league of legends, and to be truthful I cannot think of another with such aggressive moderation besides other instances of people's private servers.

Edited by 1Lo1L

Let me start by saying you do not need to post nine times in your own thread to prove to us you play the game. This appeal is a complete mess and it is practically impossible to read coherently.

Unfortunate circumstances do not permit you to blow up the station's generator and greatly inconvenience everyone else in the process.

It is standard procedure for us to ban users who leave after acts that look a lot like griefing with an appeal-only ban to facilitate talking to them outside of the game, which it looks like you only got three days out of it.

• Project Manager

In addition to the above, at no point did you bother to send any kind of ahelp indicating that you were stuck, during what even you admitted was a round of minor shenanigans, where you clearly knew admins were around to create said shenanigans.

So the way I see it, you had two choices here - a) ahelp that you were stuck, get let out, be able to actually participate in shenanigans, or b) take matters into your own hands, blow up a major power distribution source because you said "fuck it", then left after which forced our hand into banning you to begin with. You clearly chose option b.

The only reason you weren't permanently banned is primarily because we were admeming the round you did this.

With all this out of the way:

Every action I take is calculated, not necessarily correct, or beneficial, not necessarily agreeable, either.

If blowing up the SMES and then leaving was calculated, then this appeal is denied with that in mind because the ban reason is also calculated. You can come back in approximately two days and 6 hours if you wish.