MasterWong - Banned for admitted self-antagonizing and "sexual tension"

MasterWong

SS14 account: MasterWong
Character name: Schleim
Type of Ban: game ban
Date of Ban and Duration: Perma
Reason for Ban: Admitted self-antagging in discord. Extended to perma due to """secual tension"""
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: Hi. I experienced a - to my eyes - very funny story I wanted to share on the discord. To make it a little funnier to read, I wrote it like the psychopath-scientist character I played as. So, I wrote that I wanted to help our enemy due to my "love story", even if I didn't know they where in fact hostile to the spaceship while playing. Further, I wrote about sexual roleplay, wich found place in a real childish and I would say even youtube friendly way, wich I didn't think would be included by the paragraph about it in the server rules. If it was, I'll be more careful next time, but I still want to add that I think this kind of harmless sexual roleplay, that fits into the context of the game should be allowed in games like ss14 (I know that doesn't matter for the appeal and I will follow the rules if they tell me otherwise, just a little sidenote)

Why you think you should be unbanned: As explained above, the story I wrote was exeggerated and I didn't think the "sexual" roleplay would fall into this category at the moment.

Thanks for the time you take and sorry for my bad english, it's a late where I come from...

2022-09-20_20-20.png

Thats what I meant by exeggerated story (I mean c'mon, its a greentext). I see how that can be appropriate for the discord server and I am sorry for breaking the rules here, but the only thing that happened in-game was the vending machine mentioning its "flap getting touched", wich I think is an okay rp thing in a 16+ server. I don't believe ss14 is the kind of game where that kind of edgyness should be that much prohibited

Edited by MasterWong

• Game Admin
3 hours ago, MasterWong said:

Thats what I meant by exeggerated story (I mean c'mon, its a greentext). I see how that can be appropriate for the discord server and I am sorry for breaking the rules here, but the only thing that happened in-game was the vending machine mentioning its "flap getting touched", wich I think is an okay rp thing in a 16+ server. I don't believe ss14 is the kind of game where that kind of edgyness should be that much prohibited

image.png.7c747b89601844283ec7910e54bc5b42.png

Okay fuck, I kinda thought it was only explicit erp, but I couldn't find out where to re-read the rules after getting banned.

Then I am sorry for breaking the rules and after this I WILL keep them in mind. I accept the ban, but I hope we can reduce it to a temporary one, because I was really happy to find a project I am this willing to contribute to. Would be a shame for me if I couldn't participate anymore for a mistake this dumb.

Still having my opinions on it, but rules are rules and I am not deciding them

Our rules can be found at all times ingame, but also are available on our wiki here.

Let's review the rules you broke here, in order that they appear in your story.

1. Schleim lacks a last name, which is a minor violation of rule 3. This would typically be a warning.

2. Feeding Colin potassium is against our rules unless he explicitly consented. This user doesn't seem to mind, so I'm not going to investigate it, but this is probably a rule 1 and/or 4 violation. This rule is not extended to the vending machine, so you're fine there.

3. It's unclear whether or not you took Colin to get cloned. If you didn't that falls under violation of escalation rules. Again, not going to look into this.

4. The ERP is a direct violation of rule 5. It's the main issue the entire team takes with this appeal. This is always a no exception instant appeal ban. Aside from being very clearly outlined (in red text!) in our rules, it's pretty much common sense that a game in US servers that is not 18+ does not accept erotic roleplay in any manner or fashion.

5. Self antagging helping the machine take over the ship. This is definitely self antagging, which is a violation of rule 1. In this capacity, it would probably be a warning or maybe a short ban. It's unclear what exactly you did here and I am not interested in looking into this further.

This analysis does not include anything that you didn't choose to mention in your story, like probably some other violations of rule 3 and whatever ended up happening with Colin definitely not falling within our escalation rules.

So you managed to break somewhere between 2 and 5 rules in one round. You are not the type of player that we are looking for here. By unanimous vote of the game admin team, you will remain banned from Wizard's Den servers. You may appeal again no sooner than one month from now.

Edited by Stealth16

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png