Pancake

Pancake

• Game Admin

Are you over 18: Yup.
In-game Username: Pancake
Discord username: Pancake#3820
Characters you play: Fredrick Tinkell
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14?
I played SS13 between 2010 to 2015-ish on Goonstation exclusively.
I have been following the SS14 project since it started and recently started properly playing it now that it feels playable.

How many hours are you available per day: At least 6. I often work on projects while AFKing in MMOs.
Days you are available on: Almost everyday during evening/night PST.

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this:
No admin experience on SS13. However I am familiar with being a game admin from many years of hosting small (< 20 player) Minecraft servers for my friends and the public.

Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before?
Nope. Only ever been science job banned on one of the non-Goonstation SS13 servers because I specifically went on there to be a turd one night.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
Making sure rounds go smoothly without anyone majorly disrupting the game for other players, helping newbies, answering /ahelps, and occasionally spicing up boring rounds with minor shenanigans.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?
I understand there are many newbies (many of which seem younger) with zero experience on SS13/SS14 that have yet developed a sense for the roleplaying. It is nice to see the veterans helping them by maintaining character when they ask for game help. Hopefully as the newbies get experience the rounds/roleplaying with smooth out and become more interesting and enjoyable for everyone. 

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?
I played SS13 for a long time and have many very fun memories of various shenanigans the admins did to spice up rounds. One of my best memories is the event that was done for Macho Man's death, as well as the Gabe Newell Singularity and B-Ball proton influxes. I have been following the SS14 for a long time and have yet found a good way to contribute as my programming skills are not amazing. But I feel that being an admin and helping to improve the server experience could also be good way for me to contribute to the project. I like to think of myself as being a fairly neutral person and that I judge people fairly. Though my interpretation of the rules may be slightly more lenient as we all know how much shenanigans happened on Goonstation in the earlier years and that is where almost all my SS13 experience is from.

Please feel free to message me on Discord if you have any further questions. I did message Vera before I realized that you guys were going to setup a proper application on the forum, but felt it would be better to go ahead and fill out the proper application now that it is up.