mikeburger - Metacomms Ban Appeal

mikeburger

SS14 Username: mikeburger

Character Name: I can't remember

Type of Ban: Game

Date of Ban and Duration: Mid-June, Permanent

Reason for Ban: MetacommunicationsScreenshot from 2022-09-02 09-42-44.xcf

Server: Lizard

Story: Was playing with a friend, we were both new to the game. Admin messaged both of us and asked if we were playing together. Considering that, again, we were both new to SS14, we hadn't really read the rules and just decided to goof off together in game. With this in mind, we were honest to the admin and admitted that we were talking to each other outside of game chat, thinking that we would just get warned or temp banned since it was a first time offense and we were new players. Instead, we were both permanently banned.

Why I would like to be unbanned: Although he enjoys the game, my friend really doesn't care if he gets unbanned. On the other hand, I really enjoy SS14 and think that a perma ban for a first time offense is a little bit harsh. Of course it was our fault for not fully reading the rules, but if I were to be given a second chance I can promise that I won't cause any more problems.

An account I made this morning because I forgot the password to this one, and had forgotten about my ban. That's where I took the screenshot from, and then afterwards realized that I had the user info for this account in my saved passwords and thought it would probably make more sense to post the appeal from this account since I'm pretty sure this was the account I was banned on.

• Project Manager

Alright. Considering I could see myself doing that very thing, I can't really fault you for that.

I'm going to go ahead and approve this. Your main account "mikeburger" will be unbanned, with your alternate account "chadspringer" remaining banned.

Be sure to give the rules a fresh once-over before you get started. Otherwise, have fun.

• Like 1