Liltenhead's Admin Application

liltenhead

In-game Username: liltenhead
Discord username: Liltenhead#9326
Characters you play: Bill Guy, William Guy
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? I have never played SS13, I have 830 hours on SS14 according to steam. 

How many hours are you available per day: I work from home, and the job doesn't really require much of my attention. I'm almost always available from 6 PM PST to like 3 AM PST.
Days you are available on: Pretty much every day of the week, I've got a trip coming up in December, and one next week but that's pretty much it and probably not all that relevant.

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: I have some experience in administration, just none related to Space Station. I was an admin on a small server for Minecraft back in 2016 called CD craft. I probably have video proof of that, but that sever is long gone now. I'm also a discord mod in two different discords, but I can't say I do much technical work in them, and they both are smaller communities around 200 people so there really isn't much to do there. I also have to moderate my own YouTube comments, but I'm not exactly that popular and it's not really intensive. So in the end none of this stuff is all that technical unfortunately, it's basically just managing people and comments. 
Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? I have not. 

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers? I believe admins serve the purpose of letting the game play in the manner it was designed to. What I mean by that is blatant rule breakers can harm, or straight up ruin another players round. An admins role should be to minimize the amount of scenarios where that happens, and punish those who broke the rules fairly. Certain admin events also drive role play further and those are my personal favorite. The Vox event seems to bring out the good roleplay in a lot of people, having to barter items drives people to be creative with their characters. Admins can definitely make rounds memorable, but I believe moderation is key regarding these events. Admins are a great part of the community, and with extra powers and such can really help bring us all together in a fun role play session. But really in short, I do believe helping lower the amount of self antags and general amount of "shitters" so to speak will benefit the community greatly. Admins can also help rounds not become stale, extended always seems to be a good time to inject just a little bit of something into the game. One of my favorite admin events was a CentCom official visit where they were basically tasked with catching a self antagger. That was a very creative way to deal with a problem in character, made role play moments, and in general just good gameplay moments. 

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server? It's hard for me to say, some rounds I get great interactions, and the next I have people just typing "kk" as the only response to a question. A lot of players seem to think LRP means none at all. Text speech and all that really bugs me. There's also the classic of mimes just straight up talking in emote chat, and people just naming themselves after real people is pretty lame. So some rounds the roleplay just seems like it isn't there. I'm also not a fan of HoPs and captains essentially powergaming by going to get galoshes or grab weapons from the armory, things like that are just very low effort and creates a sour experience in general. Things have started getting better, and I believe the reason why is the no roleplay stuff is starting to get dealt with more heavily. I mean I even got bwoiked over my name being close to Bill Nye, and to me that was a good sign. When MRP comes just a week from now, the problems aren't just going to be magically better unless people know that it is just a bit more serious. I mean the whitelist does help a ton in that regard too. I'm also more of a MRP to HRP type of player, I heavily enjoy teaching players new mechanics, specifically those in engineering. I've probably taught close to 20 people by now the basics of engineering, and doing all of that while in character was great fun. I like when people actually communicate over their radios and actually play a character (crazy right?)

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14? I've already dedicated quite a lot of time to this game, and the people are what makes it memorable. I've made a few videos for the game, and having people comment on how they were in that round and what they were doing is always so interesting to me. Every person on a station has a story to tell, and I want to be an admin to help those stories keep flowing. I don't want people to have their rounds ruined by something stupid another player is doing, I want everyone to have a good time. I would like people to treat each other with respect knowing that they are always dealing with another human being on the other end of the screen, regardless of the roles we are playing. I'm also free a lot of the time, so I believe I can contribute towards the admin coverage quite well. I want to be able to do more than just write ahelps while I'm spectating, I in general just want to make the game a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

Wishing everyone the best.

Edited by liltenhead