Enricoc3l - Metacomming

Enricoc3l

SS14 account: Enricoc3l
Character name: Salazar Doofenshmirtz
Type of Ban: game ban
Date of Ban and Duration: perma
Reason for Ban: You have already been warned for metacomms once. You proceed to do again. Appeal at forums.ss14.io
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: I was explaining the game to someone who was very new to the game and it was his first round ever. So I decided to help him out by saying what you can do and how. And I said after this first round you are on your own because I don't want to be banned for metacomming. And guess what, it happened.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Because even tough its still Metacomming, I thought it would be fair to tell someone how the game works by Metacomming. We even went Passanger so we have the same rank.
Anything else we should know: I really like this game and it is a shame that I got banned for this reason because I was just helping someone out and never gave any advantages to anyone or something like this.

I think what really gets me here is that you knew that this was against the rules. When I froze your friend, you went over to him and started pulling on him. THEN you started talking to him ingame. There was a clear moment of “oh shit, I’ve been found out” there that I really do not appreciate and to me is potentially indicative of you purposefully ignoring other rules, which has a negative impact on the round.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

I cant just say ingame "Yeah ctrl + left click to drag that item" or something like that. It would somehow break the roleplay situation and when you talk with someone its far much easier for us both to understand what the other is saying since English is not our Mother language. We both were passenger and we didn't exchange job Information or something in that particular way. And yes I tried to speak ingame but made it obviously that I was metacomming but the reason for talking ingame is that things like this shouldn't happen. Either way I said to my friend that after the first round he is on himself because I do not want to get in trouble, but it happened earlier as I expected. And If it's forbidden to help someone out in his first round then okay in the future I will stop that because I thought it would be at least fair to tell someone how the game functions work. 

• Project Manager
2 hours ago, Enricoc3l said:

I cant just say ingame "Yeah ctrl + left click to drag that item" or something like that. It would somehow break the roleplay situation

This is what LOOC exists for.

its far much easier for us both to understand what the other is saying since English is not our Mother language

If this is debilitating enough such that talking in-game is literally not an option, then do not play on an English server.

IAnd If it's forbidden to help someone out in his first round then okay in the future I will stop that because I thought it would be at least fair to tell someone how the game functions work. 

No one is telling you this. We are telling you to not do this out of game. Do it in-game.

How about you guys lower the sentence, because giving perma ban for metacomm is a little bit extreme even though I didn't even done serious Problems or given away ingame infos that could be an advantage for the other one. I just was explaining the game for the other one. And I understand what the Problem is. After all this I learned my lesson and do it ingame next time.

• Game Admin
13 hours ago, Enricoc3l said:

How about you guys lower the sentence, because giving perma ban for metacomm is a little bit extreme even though I didn't even done serious Problems or given away ingame infos that could be an advantage for the other one. I just was explaining the game for the other one. And I understand what the Problem is. After all this I learned my lesson and do it ingame next time.

There is no feasible way for us to know that you aren't abusing metacomms to gain an advantage, so it is better to ban it entirely than to moderate it impossibly.

9 hours ago, LordEclipse said:

There is no feasible way for us to know that you aren't abusing metacomms to gain an advantage, so it is better to ban it entirely than to moderate it impossibly.

Well I thought it would be fair to go passenger since I do not have any useful things to give as that role. I could've went one of the Head Departments and give my friend here Items for advantages but I didn't do that because I respect the game and the fairness. I understand what I did wrong and you can close this appeal if i am just wasting your time. I just hoped I could've get a second chance since I was just helping someone.

And would it be possible to give me one last chance, as you have successfully managed to found me guilty of Metacomming you would surely be successful again. As i said i tried to mitigate the possible damage i caused as much as possible and was just messing around with my buddy. Another factor for that is that you by now know of both players i Meta commed with and can pay attention to that. Also i understand that i need to be punished for breaking the rules but really enjoy coming back to the game but as the Player count on the other Servers is too low to really get the same feeling in comparison to the Wizards server.

4 hours ago, Enricoc3l said:

And would it be possible to give me one last chance, as you have successfully managed to found me guilty of Metacomming you would surely be successful again. As i said i tried to mitigate the possible damage i caused as much as possible and was just messing around with my buddy. Another factor for that is that you by now know of both players i Meta commed with and can pay attention to that. Also i understand that i need to be punished for breaking the rules but really enjoy coming back to the game but as the Player count on the other Servers is too low to really get the same feeling in comparison to the Wizards server.

We should not have to police you to see if you’re doing anything wrong. We can not always police you to see if you are doing anything wrong. We have to trust that you will not and currently we can not do that.

The other half of the issue here is that you and your friend were being an absolutely massive dick together. You made a bartender’s round basically unplayable. You were actively detracting from gameplay before you were even banned for metacomms. I don’t think that’s worth bringing back into the game.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

It looks like this one has already reached and internal consensus judging by the conversation had in this thread. Just to reiterate what the other administrators already concluded:

• You were already warned that metacomms is strictly forbidden as there is no way for us to police it
  • You proceeded to metacomm with another player again, full well knowing that what you were doing was against the rules and you would be banned if you got caught
  • You actively made attempts to hide that you were metacomming after being warned about it
  • You used metacomms to detract from the experience of other players, relating to Stealth16's most recent post

I am going to go ahead and deny this. Re-appeal in a week (09-17-22).