TheDellInTheShell - Permaban for blowing AME.

TheDellInTheShell

SS14 account: TheDellInTheShell
Character name: Michael After
Type of Ban: Perma Game Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 08/19/22
Reason for Ban:  Not being a traitor and blowing up the AME.
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: I was an engineer, was just chilling around my department until I had to refuel the AME and there was literally nothing happening since there were no antags. So, I'm there, just chilling, and the captain does an annoucement "Can someone/something happen plz this is boring" (Something along those lines, not exact words.). Someone  said in [Common] "Blow up the singu", to which I replied "There is no singularity". He then says "AME then?", and that spurs someone else to say "Blow the AME up for the vine." and I thought to myself "We have solars, nothing is going on, captain is on the verge of calling shuttle to end the round early because there's nothing happening..." so I set the AME to 150 injection, making it blow up. Keep in mind I'm not trying to shift the blame here; I take full responsability for my actions, I thought it'd be funny but it really wasn't and I should not have done it. The lack of AME didn't even fuck us over or anything, we had power well until more or less the round end, in which some departments were starting to black out. Still, I made a mistake and there's no excuse.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I truly love this game and the community, I have more or less 114 hours in SS14 and hoping to play more, and I know I should've thought about that before doing something that'd potentially get me banned. My need for "something" to happen shouldn't have led me to do something that impacts negatively upon the other players' experience with this game, I really messed up in this regard.
Anything else we should know: If you have anything else you feel is relevant to your
appeal, include it here.

Hey Dell,

I reviewed the circumstances of your ban. My only hesitation in accepting this appeal is it seems you have an occasional tendency to engage in this kind of behavior when the round starts moving too slowly for your liking, but it is infrequent enough compared against your playtime that I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I think you get the message. Take this as a stern last warning against blatant self-antagonism just because nothing is going on. Destroying the station just because you're bored or because someone else said you should obviously does not justify it.

Staff consensus is to accept this appeal and your ban will be lifted shortly. Have fun.