My account banned for taking clown role a little too extreme

Xkallubar

SS14 account: Xkallubar
Character name: Gerald The Immortal
Type of Ban: Banned from wizden servers
Date of Ban and Duration: I was banned 8/13/2022, was originally 2 days but extended to perma after I talked about it in discord (I wasn't aware of any rule against it)
Reason for Ban: Griefing as clown. Clown doesn't give you a pass to be an asshat. (after talking about ban in discord they added 'Doesn't seem to have got the point')
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: I decided I would space lube bar, then take all drinks and smash them on the floor, then I threw buckets in the halls with a lawyer friend, then I attempted to weld a water tank in the bar.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I obviously now know that constant pranks and assholery is bannable. Next time I won't overdo.

Anything else we should know: Pneumatic cannon filled with beer is terrifying.

• Raised Eyebrow 1

"I love painting the picture that I'm an absolute dickhead online just for reactions"
https://discord.com/channels/310555209753690112/675078881425752124/1008272169408667658

"I love annoying people as clown. Going in bar and smashing every single cup is a great method"
https://discord.com/channels/310555209753690112/675078881425752124/1008273034861359114

"I'll roleplay as a crazy man who shoves random pills down peoples throats."
https://discord.com/channels/310555209753690112/675078881425752124/1008075563170275409

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, veritius said:

"I love painting the picture that I'm an absolute dickhead online just for reactions"
https://discord.com/channels/310555209753690112/675078881425752124/1008272169408667658

"I love annoying people as clown. Going in bar and smashing every single cup is a great method"
https://discord.com/channels/310555209753690112/675078881425752124/1008273034861359114

"I'll roleplay as a crazy man who shoves random pills down peoples throats."
https://discord.com/channels/310555209753690112/675078881425752124/1008075563170275409

"I'll roleplay as a crazy man who shoves random pills down peoples throats." That was satire. Never done this before, if I did it would be as an antag.

"I love annoying people as clown. Going in bar and smashing every single cup is a great method" I got banned for that, you think I'll do it again?

"I love painting the picture that I'm an absolute dickhead online just for reactions" Satirical.

Lemme add some stuff to this. This is my first ever ban, and every single thing I did involved slipping people. Here's a more detailed story: Round starts, I'm clown. I go to kitchen and ask for a spray bottle, I bring it to chem, get it filled with space lube, and make my way to bar. After turning bar into a tripping hazard and eating some pizza, I find a lawyer who asks if I want to do a prank, he shows me what happens when you throw a bucket full of water, we slip a few people and then I see a water tank, I wondered if it would explode like a fuel tank does when welded, leaving a huge pile of slippy water. I go on a long quest for a welder, I finally get one, I bring the water tank into the bar and try to weld the tank, turns out I need to hit the tank a few times before welding it, so nothing happened. As an alternative, I grabbed all the drinks from the bar, and threw them all over the room. 10 People gang up on me and beat me to death. My face is unrecognizable after being punched and shot at several times. I was then bwoinked "Why did you do that?" or something like that, and then I was banned for 2 days. After talking about the ban in the discord, (I wasn't aware of any rule against doing so), it became a permaban and they added the text to the ban message, "Doesn't seem to have gotten the point". 

I got the point. I don't know when the admin started watching my shenanigans, but a quick bwoink of "Be mindful of rule 1 or you will be punished" could've prevented it. But I think they just wanted to see if I would continue annoying people with slipping hazards.

I think it was extended to perma because I had been saying shit on the discord like, "I love annoying people as clown.", and also "I'll roleplay as a crazy man who shoves random pills down people's throats." (AS A JOKE!) I *THINK* the conversation was something about roleplay so I threw in a joke about how I'll 'roleplay' as a crazy man who shoves random pills down people's throats. I also said "I love painting the picture that I'm an absolute dickhead online just for reactions" which was a shitty excuse of mine as to why I did all of the above.

In the end, I wasn't being very mindful of how pissed people were getting and on discord I wasn't being very mindful of what I was saying and dug myself a hole. 

I won't smash drinks again.

16 hours ago, Xkallubar said:

Lemme add some stuff to this. This is my first ever ban, and every single thing I did involved slipping people. Here's a more detailed story: Round starts, I'm clown. I go to kitchen and ask for a spray bottle, I bring it to chem, get it filled with space lube, and make my way to bar. After turning bar into a tripping hazard and eating some pizza, I find a lawyer who asks if I want to do a prank, he shows me what happens when you throw a bucket full of water, we slip a few people and then I see a water tank, I wondered if it would explode like a fuel tank does when welded, leaving a huge pile of slippy water. I go on a long quest for a welder, I finally get one, I bring the water tank into the bar and try to weld the tank, turns out I need to hit the tank a few times before welding it, so nothing happened. As an alternative, I grabbed all the drinks from the bar, and threw them all over the room. 10 People gang up on me and beat me to death. My face is unrecognizable after being punched and shot at several times. I was then bwoinked "Why did you do that?" or something like that, and then I was banned for 2 days. After talking about the ban in the discord, (I wasn't aware of any rule against doing so), it became a permaban and they added the text to the ban message, "Doesn't seem to have gotten the point". 

I got the point. I don't know when the admin started watching my shenanigans, but a quick bwoink of "Be mindful of rule 1 or you will be punished" could've prevented it. But I think they just wanted to see if I would continue annoying people with slipping hazards.

I think it was extended to perma because I had been saying shit on the discord like, "I love annoying people as clown.", and also "I'll roleplay as a crazy man who shoves random pills down people's throats." (AS A JOKE!) I *THINK* the conversation was something about roleplay so I threw in a joke about how I'll 'roleplay' as a crazy man who shoves random pills down people's throats. I also said "I love painting the picture that I'm an absolute dickhead online just for reactions" which was a shitty excuse of mine as to why I did all of the above.

In the end, I wasn't being very mindful of how pissed people were getting and on discord I wasn't being very mindful of what I was saying and dug myself a hole. 

I won't smash drinks again.

I think it was just the throwing drinks part that got me banned. Everything else was just what a clown usually does in terms of pranks.

Hey Xkallubar,

I have reviewed the circumstances of your ban. We primarily take issue with your blatant and unrelenting antagonism as the clown role. The clown has some leeway to be annoying, but there is a point where you are actively detracting from everyone's experience. That point is reached when you start vandalizing as much property as possible, constantly, to the detriment of people just trying to enjoy time in the bar.

To boot, you went to the Discord and started talking about your ban. You didn't seem to read the room correctly and gave everyone the impression that you are a massive annoyance on purpose because it amuses you. This is what netted you an upgrade to your ban.

All these factors considered, staff majority consensus is to accept your appeal with the stipulation of an appeal-only roleban from clown. We think you should take a long break from the role and learn how to interact with people in a non-destructive manner for a bit. Your ban will be lifted shortly and the role ban applied. Have fun.

• Like 1