Coopsbomb4's Admin Application

Coopsbomb4

In-game Username:Coopsbomb4
Discord username:Coopsbomb4
Characters you play: Cooper McSweeney
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14?
I have been playing SS13 for about 100 hours and SS14 for 168 hours although much of that time may be due to idling in the launcher, which I have no way of knowing

How many hours are you available per day: 3-5 hours per day although this will depend on what is going on in my school life and my need to study
Days you are available on: 7 days of the week most weeks although it may vary depending on what is going in in my school life and my need to study
Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: I do not have any verifiable administration experience although I did admin for a friends Minecraft server for about a year
Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? I was once banned from the game due to being in an ahelp situation and having to leave for personal reasons, this was cleared up and the result of my ban appeal can be found on these forums

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so I can get a better idea of how you’d approach admining.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
I believe that the game admins' role on the SS14 servers are twofold with one higher purpose. One of the two lesser reasons is to make sure that the game can be experienced by those that wish to experience it the intended way. This includes sorting out game breaking bugs that will alter the game in ways that do not make a round entertaining but rather ruin the experience of SS14 and removing self-antagers that would ruin the experience for the people that have become an antag the legitimate way. The other one of these two reasons is to cause events if they are considered needed by the crew, the reasons for needing this could be SSD or new antags or just a good crew that has managed to stabilise the station. The higher purpose of Game Admins is to keep the game fun and engaging for its players to maintain a healthy player base. This higher purpose varies in its execution from round to round and even server to server with LRP servers needing a lesser attention to keeping roleplay accurate and more on creating fun situations for the players. However on an HRP server this would be reduced and maybe even flipped with a steady but semi boring for LRP station being more fun for Role Players than the chaotic situations encountered on LRP servers. 

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?
I feel that the current roleplay status on the server is good for what the tag is most of the time with even further advancements coming with role timers. All official servers at this time are marked as LRP meaning that Roleplay is not the highest necessity but rather a basic thing required for the game. This means that characters have to refer to each other by name but not act out their personalities. The current situation that the server is in matches this level of roleplay almost to the definition with the only LRP breaking moments being metagamers and people who do not know what they are doing as heads of command. The recent addition of role timers will remove one of these problems only leaving metagamers left which is one of our jobs as admins to prevent effecting the experience of roleplay as much as possible

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?
I want to become an administrator for many reasons, the primary of which is to cover cutouts of admin uptime as much as possible, as a player who often likes to explore new things I know how frustrating it is to be locked behind a bug or situation that isnt your fault with the Ahelp box merely emmiting radio silence. This is especially clear as a player in the GMT region where sometimes you can spend 3 hours waiting for a fix to a major problem which stops your experience in its tracks, or a self antagger/metagamer/metagrudger that makes the game less fun for everyone else than themselves. Another reason that is slightly lesser but still major in my eyes is my intense desire to help out with SS14 and the brilliant game I see in its future but my inability to code which inhabits the normal avenue of helping to code or map. The way I can see myself helping is through making sure that the intended experience can be provided to everyone as standard rather than every other shift or even once in a blue moon of a shift.

Sorry If I rambled on a bit, I just feel really passionate about the opinions I have put out here. Many thanks,
Coopsbomb4

• 4 weeks later...
  • Project Manager
On 8/7/2022 at 9:42 PM, Coopsbomb4 said:

although this will depend on what is going on in my school life and my need to study

During discussion this was noted as potentially meaning you're under 18 (as it would usually be referred to as university/college otherwise), so just to clarify, since we require this for all admins: Are you over the age of 18?

• 2 weeks later...