Machh

Machh

SS14 account: Machh
Character name: Aboarded fell off
Type of Ban: game ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 06/08/2020 - perma
Reason for Ban: Metacomms with Sev3nt
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: I'm a new player thought it was not that punitive to be in a discord call with a friend to play this game with , we chose the same job and did stuff in the lab as it is supposed to be.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Why should you get this opportunity
to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it.
Anything else we should know: If you have anything else you feel is relevant to your
appeal, include it here.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I should be unbanned because its too easy to ban people on this game you cant not know all the rules that if you break one of them even just for playing with your friend you wont be warned even once just straight up getting banned , I also should be unbanned because I bring action more jobs and fun in the game

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sev3nt/Machh,

I have reviewed the circumstances of your ban. I primarily take issue with your dismissiveness as to the advantage that communicating outside the game gives, both in admin-help and within your appeals. Outside communication, while maybe not directly impacting the round, cannot be policed by our administration and cannot be allowed under any circumstances. There is no way for us to know if you are passing critical information about in-round events between one another, and there is an inherent propensity for those meta-communicating to do so routinely and without the input from other players around them. This can block other players around you out of your conversations and deprive them of information they would otherwise normally be able to hear and allows players metacomming an increased degree of coordination, giving them an inherent advantage.

Our staff will only accept these appeals if you understand that metacommunication is strictly forbidden and any further instances of metacommunication will be met with a voucher ban.

Seeing that it has been a week with no reply from either of you while these appeals have been open, I am going to close and deny these appeals. You are both welcome to create a new appeal so as long as you understand that metacommunication will not be tolerated in any capacity.